Tag: Newbie (BookBlog Edition)

Hello! My name is Christina! For my first post here at Milky Tea Books, I thought I’d do a book blog edition of the Newbie tag from YouTube.
Why did you start this blog?
I had a book blog a few years ago, but I shut it down due to things that were happening in RL. I missed it and really wanted to get back into blogging. I didn’t want to resurrect my old blog, so here I am with a new one! A fresh start after a long time away. I am very excited about this new venture!
What are some fun and unique things you can bring to the book blogging world?
Most of the book blogs I have come across deal mostly with YA fiction. And while I do read YA fiction, it is not the only thing I read. I hope I can offer something for those of you who, like me, have more varied reading tastes. There’s nothing wrong with reading or reviewing YA fiction or any other genre you like, of course! I just can’t choose one genre of the many out there as a niche for this blog. I read what I read, be it YA, romance, science fiction, m/m romance, whatever. It might be better if I do choose a genre and stick to it for this blog, but that’s just not me. Why limit myself like that, you know?
What are you most excited for about this new blog?
I am excited about reading more and sharing my thoughts with others! I love to read and I don’t always have someone to talk to about what I read or about books in general.
Why do you love reading?
Escapism! Sometimes real life can be tough and you just need a break. If you are tired and want to step away from your life for awhile, you can open a book and step into someone else’s! I love books that you can get so into while reading that when you look up from the page you are disoriented for a moment because that life isn’t yours.
What book or book series got you into reading?
Grimm’s Fairytales. The original gory ones with the blood and the non-Disney endings! I loved those when I was a kid. My elementary school library had a beautiful hardback copy of them and no one else got to read it because I kept checking it out.
What questions would you ask your favorite book blogger?
What book(s) have made you cry? From happiness? Sadness? The pure joy of reading beautiful words? What books have emotionally impacted you the most in your life?
What challenges do you think starting a book blog will be the hardest to overcome?
Anxiety! I am nervous about starting a new blog, about choosing topics to discuss, etc. I have the usual things going through my head right now: What if no one reads my blog? What if the books I love aren’t interesting to anyone else? What could I possibly say that no one else has already said better? But I’m trying to rein all that in because I do enjoy blogging and talking about books. I enjoy reading books. I hope that my love of those things will overcome my anxieties.
Well, that was my version of the Newbie tag! Since this is a new blog, I won’t tag anyone else specifically, but if you’d like to answer these questions as well, please consider yourself tagged!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

No comments