Review: A Case of Possession by K.J. Charles

Title: A Case of Possession
Series: A Charm of Magpies #2
Author: K.J. Charles
Genre: Paranormal M/M Romance
Length: 156 pages
Source: Purchased
Published: January 28th 2014 Samhain Publishing, Ltd.
Links: Amazon | Goodreads
Lord Crane has never had a lover quite as elusive as Stephen Day. True, Stephen’s job as justiciar requires secrecy, but the magician’s disappearing act bothers Crane more than it should. When a blackmailer threatens to expose their illicit relationship, Crane knows a smart man would hop the first ship bound for China. But something unexpectedly stops him. His heart.

Stephen has problems of his own. As he investigates a plague of giant rats sweeping London, his sudden increase in power, boosted by his blood-and-sex bond with Crane, is rousing suspicion that he’s turned warlock. With all eyes watching him, the threat of exposure grows. Stephen could lose his friends, his job and his liberty over his relationship with Crane. He’s not sure if he can take that risk much longer. And Crane isn’t sure if he can ask him to.

The rats are closing in, and something has to give…

Why I read this book: I enjoyed the first book in this series, The Magpie Lord, so I was happy to revisit this author's work.

What I liked: I enjoyed the mystery, the growth to Lucien and Stephen's relationship, the deeper look into Stephen's work, the introduction of his co-workers. The story was well-written, well-paced, suspenseful, and sexy.

What I didn't like: As fun as this was to read, it did feel a little like a filler book, an "in-between" of a series. I had a little trouble keeping up with the names of some of the characters introduced, but I think that was just me and the fact that I was reading this instead of sleeping last night.

In My Opinion: A Case of Possession was good, sexy fun!

My Rating:

No comments